Friday, May 9, 2008

Indiana University Emergency Medicine Here I Come!

So I forgot to mention a story from the Elephant reserve. I actually met a Texan..... which in SE Asia is a rarity. There are really hardly any Americans here. Every traveler is from Australia, New Zealand, or Europe.... zero Americans. So I was talking to this Texas girl and ends up she lives in Austin. I told her that i went to school in San Antonio.... she guessed UT-SA. But i said at the health science center. So she asked if i was in medical school (which no one does cause they have no idea what UTHSCSA is). Turns out she is an EM doctor that graduated from UT-SW residency 3 yrs ago. I started laughing because how random is that! I told her that I was going into EM and that i did a rotation at UT-SW and loved it.... so we were talking about all the faculty and the people that wrote my letters of recommendation. She said that she enjoyed UTSW.... but she thought that the best EM program in the country was Indiana.... HAHAHA! I hadn't even told her yet that I was going to Indy for residency. So when i told her she was so pumped! She said she would have tried to go there but she felt she didn't click with the city (she is totally an Indian city girl). So even in SE Asia they know how awesome Indy is for EM... gotta love it.

No comments: