Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ping Pong Anyone??

Wow... i am having an awesome time here. more fun than i even thought that i would. I was excited about traveling by myself this week but also a little nervous.... especially with a lack of people that speak english. But it has been amazing. So this is the part where Aunt Deb should probably stop reading... haha. I know the audience of this blog is for the most part family but i think it is my journalistic duty to be uncensored with this blog. So i met some really cool people at my hotel. I met a really cool guy from Israel and he was traveling with his folks who dont really go out. So we decided we were going to explore Bangkok. Well... ""Dry Season" is really a misnomer because it freaking poured down last night. But me being the cheap ass that i am didnt want to pay money for a taxi so i made Orin ride in a tuk tuk. Well by the time we got to the red light district we were freaking soaked. The big thing in Bangkok is Ping pong shows. So in order to better understand Thai culture we decided to explore such an establishment. WOW! Must admit that it was a little shocking/gross/impressive. With such skills as: shooting ping pong balls out of vagina, shooting a blow gun with dart to pop a ballon with vagina, opening a coke bottle with vagina(pry off top), and multiple other removal of foreign objects. After the show (the finale was a live sex show.... and Colin, Kara, and Jami it would have made you proud... no dry humping here in Thailand. In NOLA it is lame dry humping. When the workers at the club see white guys they swarm... its like they can smell money or something. But when a group of Indian guys walked in none of them even stood up. When me and Orin walked in there were about 10 girls all trying to grab our junk. Disturbing. Then we went out to the bars and I ended up meeting this group of Irish folks that knew where bars stayed open all night. So we ended up partying until 7:30am the next morning.... crazy. Irish people are so cool. And today i returned to my room only to find that everything was soaking wet because the freaking ceiling leaks. But the good news is that they put me in a MUCH nicer room for the same price. UPGRADE. Since i am about out of time on my card i have to cut this short.

6 comments:

Faith said...

Oh God, Dustin, that is disgusting! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time - hope the fun continues :) I'm glad you are meeting some neat people to hang out with. Love you!

john said...

at least you got the room upgrade...

as far as the show... iiinteresting...

Mom said...

Dustin- I'm glad you made it safely to Thailand BUT I want you to make it back home safely too! By the sounds of the establishments you are visiting, IT IS NOT AT ALL SAFE! Please be careful!Slow down on the boozing, and enjoy the natural beauty without a BUZZ! I thought about you last night while watching the Food Network. They were doing a show on foord in SE ASIA- interesting. Have you had any fried bats or bugs? I love you,son! Mom

Anonymous said...

OK - believe it or not, I'd like to see the shows. I just can't imagine... especially about opening bottles, etc. And, that reminds me, I'm anxious for you to get home so I can discuss the effects of testosterone on females. I'm having problems understanding something I saw on Oprah about the pregnant [wo]man. Again, I can't imagine what this person said about his/her transformation without surgery - only through hormone therapy...Anyway, hope you see / do everything possible - you only live once. But, remember to take care of yourself first, you really can't trust most people you know so be very cautious of those you barely know or just meet... Be safe!
I love you,
Tammie

Holly said...

When I saw the words, "ping pong," in your post, I immediately had a peaceful flow of thoughts and memories surrounding Forrest Gump... but then I saw something about vagina ping pong and, well, let's just say that was a big transition for my mind to make! I am glad you are having a blast. Keep us updated! :)

Anonymous said...

dude -- take a writing class, just kiddding