Monday, April 28, 2008

Leaving for Laos... well maybe

Well today should be the last day for Thailand. We are going to try to catch a flight into Luang Prabang. We tried yesterday but the flight was canceled.... seems to be a continuing trend here. Cause they canceled the Wednesday flight as well... so we will see. Considering it was pouring down all last night and today (yeah... dry season my ass). I have heard that Laos is suppose to be awesome. Pristine scenery, very remote, not touristy, cheap, tubing down the mekong, lots of island bars. Everyone says that it is there favorite place in Asia.... that might have to do with the mushroom shakes and weed pizza... but i guess we will just have to see.

And REMEMBER, the amount of comments that you post to my blog is directly proportional to how much you love me but I wont call anyone out.... Mom and Dad.... I love getting comments. And Faith Nicole, I would really like some updates on my niece and nephew!

Still trying to stay dry in Thailand.

3 comments:

Aunt Deb said...

Blog, hell, who has time to blog when they are left with their own business PLUS that of a nephew out having the time of his life!!!
Just kidding...you know I love you or else I wouldn't be doing all this crap. Trying to get you a moving company set up, trying to buy house insurance, get a loan, PLUS do the work that UNT pays me to do. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying more of the culture beyond ping-pong. You know that I am not jealous of your visit to the country, just jealous that I don't have the same time off here in AMERICA.
Stay safe and see you soon.

Dustin said...

Deb thank you so much for everything that you are doing... i know that i wouldn't be where i am if it wasn't for you and that includes this trip. If anything, on this trip I have realized even more how thankful i should be for everything... and especially to have this opportunity. Today I swam in the Mekong with the Laos mountains in the background with a group of about 10 little local kids ... all of us in our undies jumping off a rickety old bamboo bridge. Laos is a country like none i have ever been to. These people are living back 30-40 years ago and it is awesome. TOTALLY different from Thailand. And if you ever do get time off, LAOS would be the first place i would recommend you come to... really eye opening and the natural beauty is something that i could never capture in words on this blog. Even if i come home broke, homeless, sick.... i know i would do it again in a heart beat.

Faith said...

Dust - Wow,that all sounds so awesome!! Sorry it's been awhile since I've written - I've been busy to say the least. After the soccer game and Ann's b-day on Sat, we (Gma,the kids & I) headed out to Abq. We drove for 7 hrs to Amarillo, then drove the remaining 4 hrs to Abq. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected, and was actually a nice little road trip. The kids (especially Haley) are loving the newness of Abq....I will share all of the stories with you later.

Anyway, your adventures sound soooo incredible!! I cried reading about the elephant and the monks - very humbling & eye opening experience. I can't wait for you to cook me some Thai food!! Your menu sounds delicous!! Love you & miss you!!

PS Gma has been sad not to have access to your blog - she told me I would have to update her in the evenings,so I will be sure to do that tonight.